Advantages of Superbooks
There's nothing as beautiful as open web.
Superbook has many advantages over other forms of e-book containers:
- Frictionless. Nothing to download or manage. The book goes offline seamlessly using a serviceworker.
- Superbooks work everywhere — all smartphones, tablets & desktops. See our full list of supported platforms, OSes & browsers.
- Convenience & simplicity of web. Write books using the building blocks of web i.e HTML, CSS & JS.
- Write once & publish everywhere. Edit anytime, like a blog.
- Full control on design and layout of the book. Works just like web design.
- Semantic markup with clean indexability and searchability of the book because, well, it is HTML.
- Modern and soft feel of spine and pageflip. Ideal experience of books, not website.
- Zero worry about file size, no headache of managing pesky artifacts on the disk.
- Precise stack order, optimized for linear reading.
- Better maintainability of modular “app-like” manuscript.
- Finer page-level and book-level meta data.
- Sandboxed pages (document) with full freedom to code like a front-end developer.
- Ability to paint experimental content with executable code inside each page of the book.
- Ability to use hosted libraries & Content Delivery Network to speed up delivery of your book.
- No hassle about fifty proprietary file formats, or conversion or interoperability issues.
- Direct connection to a vibrant community of readers on the web.
- Ability to create multi-page CSSComics. This wasn’t even possible to do earlier.
- Skip the fifteen years lag that the rest of the e-book ecosystem is stuck on.
- Natural and auto bookmarking on the web.
Svelte books forged with a blade of shining sun.